Making is a way of thinking, of using familiar objects in unfamiliar ways, of focusing on the process rather than the end result.
Explore hands-on skills during drop-in Maker Mornings, and take the skills you learned in the morning to the next level during Innovation Lab Workshops! Held Monday through Saturday during the summer.
- Maker Mornings – Try skills ranging from sewing to coding – and everything in between! Drop-in activities are held in the Makers Studio every Monday through Saturday from 10:00 am - noon. Each week has a different theme!
- Innovation Lab Workshops – Use tools and materials to create a project based on the weekly theme. Workshops are open to all ages, but parent supervision is required for children under 13. Workshops are free!
- Monday through Thursday - 1:00 pm
- Friday - 11:00 am
- Saturday - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
Projects for Maker Mornings and Innovation Lab Workshops will focus on these weekly themes:
- June 10-16 – Sewing
- June 17-23 – Optic Creativity
- June 24-30 – Programming & Coding
- July 1-7 – Circuitry
- July 8-14 – Using Tools
- July 15-21 – 3D Printing
- July 22-28 – Robotics
- July 29-August 2 – Virtual Reality
- August 5-11 – Design Thinking
- August 12-18 – Upcycle
- August 19-25 – Mechanics
Free workshops are available on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the workshop, and space is limited. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact us at 515-274-6868 ext. 222.