Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Retail Coordinator
Direct Reports: No
The Visitor Services Associate is a part-time position responsible for assisting the Visitor Services leadership team with sales, operations, and problem solving. The successful candidate or candidates will perform front line admissions and retail sales duties while engaging and supporting visitors to ensure outstanding customer experiences.
SCI is open to consider full time employment in this position for a highly qualified candidate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Greet all customers in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries
- Must be knowledgeable and well prepared to offer all products, services and programs SCI can offer
- Responsible for ensuring complete follow-through for all stages of reservations or sales; making the sale or reservation that best suits the participant
- Keep accurate and detailed records of all incoming and outgoing calls and messages, and effectively communicating them to their applicable departments
- Assist as needed in all areas including, but not limited to Box Office, A-ha(!) Gift Store and the floor experience
- Maintain and demonstrate an adequate working knowledge and use of all required SCI software and databases
- Must uphold SCI’s values, commitment to excellence and diversity and inclusion
- Please note this job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must uphold SCI’s values as well as our commitment to excellence, diversity and inclusion.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Experience and/or Other Requirements:
- Effective problem solving skills and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to multitask and work with great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while also constructively contributing in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver superior customer service experiences that “WOW” and delight customers
- Trustworthy and of high integrity, showing high respect for confidential information
- Successfully pass a background check Preferred:
- Previous customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The role is active and requires prolonged standing and walking, as well as bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. This position also will also have periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hours & Work Schedule:
Hours will vary based on business needs and may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Typically, no travel will be required.