Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: VP of Community Engagement
Direct Reports: No
The Director of Marketing & Public Relations is the driving force behind SCI’s marketing, communications, public relations and promotional components. This individual will participate with other directors as a member of the senior team and be responsible for leading a team in planning, creating, developing and overall implementation of marketing and communication strategy as it relates to the various departments within SCI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with the VP of Community Engagement in the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies across all organizational channels. These strategies need to ensure that all messaging is in alignment with the overall organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to supervise staff as the department aligns with the organization’s needs.
- Assists with the development and management of the department’s annual budget.
- Proactively work across all SCI departments to develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that ensures the department and SCI overall reach annual organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure accurate, timely and appropriate management of the SCI brand by applying consistent messaging using approved marketing collateral such as logos, colors and other approved content.
- Conceptualize and implement ways to improve market research and the measuring of ROI.
- Create and maintain engaging, timely and effective content for all SCI social media platforms in partnership with third-party vendors supporting various marketing initiatives.
- Foster and maintain partnerships with various media outlets and other organizations to leverage promotional, advertising and PR opportunities.
- Facilitate effective communication by working to create, adapt and convey appropriate and timely messaging for a variety of audiences internally and externally using multiple communication platforms.
- Develop brand-approved content for collateral, signage, email campaigns, direct mail appeals, sponsorship proposals, sales campaigns, press releases and other custom materials.
- Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibility: Generally, has direct reports or the ability to fulfill that responsibility to meet organizational needs.
Education, Experience and/or Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, English or other related field required
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong solution-focused interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage workflow in a fast-paced environment to meet continual deadlines
- Impeccable organization and keen attention to detail
- 3 – 5 years of communications experience preferred
- Experience using social media outlets, email campaign tools and viral marketing tactics
- Effective team player; willingness to pitch in with a can-do attitude
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer but is occasionally active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Hours: Hours will vary based on business needs and may include some nights, weekends and holidays. SCI Directors must be available for "on call" needs as circumstances warrant their attention. Typical office hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.