Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Cafe Coordinator
Direct Reports: None
This position is expected to provide exceptional guest service to all patrons of the Science Center of Iowa, especially at any special events, to guests or clients. Under guided leadership from the Café Coordinator and the Director of Retail Operations, the Bartender Associate will also be responsible for operational duties as assigned, to ensure a satisfactory experience for all guests, patrons and clients of the Science Center of Iowa.
- Independently execute bar operations for internal and external events and facility rentals
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions
- Consistently check identification of guests to ensure patrons meet minimum age requirements for alcohol purchases
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Maintain optimal food safety practices
- Stock merchandise and inventory as needed
- Assist Cafe Coordinator with tasks and duties related to events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be of legal age to sell alcohol in accordance with Iowa Laws
- Must have food & beverage service, retail and strong customer service experience
- Must have a personable, enthusiastic and engaging personality
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task and accomplish various duties
- Must be flexible, open-minded and able to react to guest and organizational needs
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages
- Well groomed, clean and presentable
- Must uphold the integrity of SCI
Working Hours: Part-time hours will be assigned to support special events in addition to daily operations. Shifts may include some evenings, weekends and holidays.